Thursday, February 26, 2009

Tell me your car salesmen stories!!!!

Here is one of my many:
I go into a dealer to look at a 2008 Mustang Shelby and the posed price on the website is 32005 MSRP, well I get there and the salesman is on the phone and he doesn't act like he needs my business even though the auto industry is going through the ringer. Well to top it all off he tells me that the posted price on the internet was incorrect and that the options on this car were going to cost me $9500 (that's because it’s a Shelby) but it’s a 2008 and he has 2 so I know he can work with me on that. Well I was amazed at his unmitigated gaul and no type of desire for my business, well all's I can say is that he won't get it. This large volume local dealer in Detroit, MI should be begging me to buy a car. It's these types of practices that have help put the auto industry in the deep hole that it is in now. What are your car salesmen stories?

2 comments:

  1. This is one scary story... I went to the dealer ship looking for the 2009 Honda Accord Coupe, and the salesman was trying to get me to buy the 2009 Honda Civic Coupe. I told him that I wanted the the Accord, but he was trying to force me to get the Civic, so I told him to get out of my face and I left. I then went to the other Honda dealer on the other side of town and bought my car(2009 Honda Accord Coupe)! To make a long story short, the dealer who was trying to get me to buy the Civic was later put out of business for trying to sell cars with broken transmissions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I own a 2004 Honda Civic. I love me car. It's affordable, gas efficientand I have not had any major problems with it. I was thinking aboutbuying a new car because I think it is time for an upgrade. Should Itrade my car in or try to sell it myself? I heard of people purchasingcars on e-bay, what do you think about that? I'm a little skepticalabout e-bay cars.

    ReplyDelete